Crizal coatings are based on advanced technologies developed to counter the enemies of clear vision. These technologies are perfectly integrated and specifically optimized for ophthalmic applications. Even when combined, they ensure a compact, uniform and durable coating, hairline thin.
The following technologies have revolutionized Crizal lenses:
- the Scratch Resistance Booster™ reinforces resistance to scratches
- the HSD Process™ (High Surface Density) improves smudge resistance
- i-Technology™ enables dust repellence
- Slide-Fx™ ensures that water droplets slide off the lens.
1. Glare Reduction Efficiency
Crizal lenses are made up of a series of thin mineral layers that prevent light interference on the surface of the lens, thus eliminating glare.
2. Smudge Resistance Efficiency
The HSD™ Process* optimizes the density of hydrophobic and oleophobic molecules on the surface of the lens. Water and smudges are better repelled and the lens is easier to clean, when required.
3. Scratch Resistance Efficiency
The introduction of an extra thin layer called the SR Booster™ (Scratch Resistance)optimizes interaction among the different treatment layers, and boosts, or strengthens, the whole stack. It considerably increases scratch resistance.
4. Dust Repellence Efficiency
Crizal’s anti-dust efficiency is obtained thanks to i-Technology™, inspired by space technology and fibre optics. It enables the insertion of a transparent conductive layer within the antireflective stack, equipping the lens with antistatic properties that keep it virtually dust free, even after wiping.
5. Water Repellence Efficiency
The integration of a layer of hydrophobic molecules on the surface of a Crizal lens minimizes water adherence. Slide-FX™ technology developed by Essilor shows that calibrated water drops placed on a Crizal lens will roll into tiny balls and simply slide off when the lens is tilted, without a trace.